How to transfer PF from the old company?

For an employee, switching jobs is a given. But what about PF accounts? Should the employee transfer the funds or withdraw it? Experts say that transferring PF is wiser than withdrawing as it doesn’t attract tax — here’s why.

Under the EPF scheme, a part of the employee’s salary is reserved for the provident fund. An employee can contribute a minimum of 12% of the Basic or even more towards the PF fund, unlike an employer who cannot contribute more than 12% of the basic salary of the employee towards EPF.

This PF amount, along with interest helps an employee get a lump sum amount during retirement. The process for PF Transfer is seamless and straightforward with UAN (Universal Account Number). The Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has made provision for employees to transfer EPF from the previous employer to a new employer with ease.

An employee has the option to get the claim attested either by the current employer or the previous employer in the online PF transfer. Once the employee submits the PF transfer form online, the employer will verify, approve and submit the request online through the portal.

Why transfer PF?

An employee need not close the EPF account with the previous employer while switching job, instead can transfer the PF account to the new employer. PF fund is regarded as a safe long-term investment for employees which is backed by the government of India.

Therefore, if an employee is working and wishes to continue working by switching jobs, then it is recommended to make EPF transfer than withdrawing as the PF amount remains as ideal savings for retirement. You can raise your grievances online through a tool called Grievance Management System.

Required documents and information

The information or the documents an employee should keep ready to submit an EPF transfer online include:

  • Revised Form 13
  • Valid Identity Proof (Aadhar, PAN or Driving License)
  • Old and current details of the PF account
  • The registered mobile number provided at the EPFO website should be active.
  • An active UAN in the UAN portal
  • An approved e-KYC from the employer
  • Current employer’s details
  • Establishment Number
  • PF Account Number
  • Bank account details of the salary account

An employee needs to meet the above requirements to proceed with an online claim submission in the EPFO portal. If not then an employee can visit the e-SEWA portal which is managed by the EPFO to seed the KYC and other details required.

Step by step transfer procedure for PF transfer online

Follow the simple steps below to transfer the PF fund quickly:

  • Login to the EPFO portal online using your UAN and password.

provident fund


  • Under the main menu of the home page, click on the ‘online services’ tab and select the option ‘Transfer request.provident fund
  • Now you see a page open with your personal details.

provident fund

  • Verify that your EPF number, date of joining, date of birth and other details are correct, otherwise, your claim will not be processed. 
  • Once you verify your personal details, you need to submit the transfer request for attestation by selecting the previous employer or the current employer option. 
  • Your PF account details of the previous employer would appear on clicking the ‘get details’ tab.
  • Once you fill in the details of your employer and click on submit, an OTP will be generated to your registered mobile number. 
  • Once you receive the OTP, complete the authentication by typing the OTP received in the space provided and click on the ‘submit’ button.
  • Now a self-attested copy of your online PF transfer request can be submitted to the employer you have selected within 10 days of submitting the request in the portal. 
  • Your employer will also get the notification of the PF transfer request online.
  • After verifying the details of the employee, the employer approves the EPF transfer request digitally to the EPFO portal, which will then process the claim.
  • Once it is approved, you can find the PF transferred to your new account with the current employer.
  • You can also track the status of your PF transfer online by clicking on the Track claim status tab under the online services dropdown on the EPFO website using your EPFO member login ID.

provident fund


In any employee’s mid-career, switching jobs between PF registered companies is a usual thing, but to keep an employee’s PF secure choosing to transfer the PF is wiser than withdrawing. Another important note with a tax point of view is that withdrawing PF funds within five years of employment attracts tax.

Your UAN account serves as an umbrella to consolidate all the PF funds lying in different member IDs of your previous jobs into one. The EPFO portal saves you from running to different places to get your own money.


1) Is there a way to know the status of my PF transfer, advance or settlement that has been submitted to the EPF office?

Yes. Members can redirect to the EPFO passbook page, log in with their UAN and password and get all the information regarding the status.

2) Is the EPFO member intimated about the PF transfer affected?

Members can request a copy of the Transfer Certificate (Annexure-K) — issued to the transferee PF Trust or the Regional P.F. Commissioner/P.F. Trust — giving full details of the transfer from the EPF office.

3) Does a member have to be enrolled under EPFO all over again in the case of a transfer between one establishment to another?

The EPFO has to be enrolled as a member under the new employer or establishment and to get the PF funds from the old employer.

4) How are PF funds paid to the EPFO member if accumulations from the past are not transferred on cancellation of exemption?

It is the duty of the local Regional Provident Fund Commissioner (RPFC) to ensure the transfer of cash and securities. The RPFC will also arrange a transfer of the PF dues to the EPFO member.

5) Is there a provision for the transfer of a member’s PF account in case there is a change in establishment?

When changing employers, a member must always get the PF account transferred from the previous employer to the current employer by submitting Form 13(R). Alternatively, the member can also request for a transfer online by logging into the EPFO portal with a valid UAN and password.

1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (2 votes, average: 3.50 out of 5)

One of the prime contributors for this blog, Expertise in Staffing and Recruitment, Content Strategist by Profession. A Music Lover & Traveller by Choice.

Get Connected with HR Trends

    Sign me up for the newsletter!


    1. comment-author
      Ranjith C

      Thanks for sharing the detailed process. But I don’t have a current employer and I missed to transfer my PF account while working in the 2nd company. I worked in 2 companies in total, but the first company’s PF account is not linked to UAN created by my 2nd employer. So in EPFO website only one PF account is linked and the other account is not able to be linked. It says “No data found against this Member ID: WHEN checking previous employment details. In service history also it shows only the 2nd company details. So the details of my first company is missing and there is no option to link the old one as I am no longer employed in India right now.
      Is there any way to link my old PF account to my UAN number or transfer it?
      Please let me know if you have some solutions. Thanks in advance.

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Ranjith,

        You need to submit the physical PF transfer form (Form 13) through the current employer by filling the details of First employer in Previous Employer Column (Part B) and Current employer details in Part C in order to transfer the PF accumulations to the latest UAN.

    2. comment-author
      Soumili Bhattacharyya

      I have worked for two companies in total ,both were eligible for PF deductions, now I am no more employed.In both the companies I had the same salary account but when I am opening the PF portal online ,only details of the first company is shown.What about the second company can anyone please help.

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Soumili,

        PF contributions are made on the basis of the employee’s UAN. Once you move from one company to another and wish to transfer PF accumulations from the previous to the current employer, you need to apply via an online transfer form online. Please note the PF code — with it you can view the PF contributions (made by the current employer and transferred amount) in your e-passbook.

    3. comment-author
      Sachin Majhi

      Hi I have served more than 10 years in a company, after switching to the new company (5 years ago) i have withdrawn the PF (not transferred). In the current company I have EPF, in November I will be 58, Is there any way to be eligible for pension? Please reply

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Sachin,

        To answer your question, I need more clarity about the pension withdrawal. You also need to mention if you served for in the company for more than 10 years and also the status of the scheme certificate. If you have, in fact, worked for more than 10 years then you would be eligible for a monthly pension. To let you know more about the eligibility of pension, you need to provide the date of joining (the service) for the current employer.

    4. comment-author

      What is the process for online transfer from private provident fund trust to EPFO ?
      What if previous employer not cooperating

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Randheer,

        To transfer PF dues from the previous employer’s PF trust to the current employer’s EPFO Account, you need to submit a hard copy of transfer form (Form 13 ) to your present employer. The processed form will then be forwarded to the respective PF trust to process the transfer claim.

        As for the pension, you can submit the online transfer application form online by logging into the EPFO portal with your UAN and password.

        In case if the previous employer is not co-operating, you can file a grievance online by furnishing details of your previous employer along with specifics of your employment.

    5. comment-author
      Avishek K B

      I want to transfer EPF balance to my current employer from prior to previous employer. How can it be possible ? please guide.

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Avishek,

        You need to submit the transfer form online by entering the previous employer’s PF account details or you can submit the manual transfer from (Form 13) which must mention the previous employer as Company A and current employer as Company C.

    6. comment-author

      Hi Rishabh,

      I would need to withdraw my PF money partially due to some emergency. Here is the scenario- Previous Co. has majority of funds and its not transferred to new employer though I have common UAN linked to both. Also, the new employer has exempted trust So I am not sure how can I claim to withdraw my money. Do I first need to do a transfer to new employer trust and then raise a withdrawal claim ?

      Thanks in advance !

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Sikandar,

        You need to transfer your PF dues from the previous employer to current employer by submitting a transfer application. Once the transfer is done, you can apply for a PF advance by logging into the EPFO portal with your UAN and password.

    7. comment-author

      I worked with company A for 3 years which had its PF maintainer by EPFO. Then I worked with company B for 2.5 years which had its own trust. Both the accounts are linked to my UAN. Now I am not working anywhere. Can I still transfer my PF from company A to company B so that I do a final withdrawal from company B?
      The company B PF department says that I can’t do that as I have left the job now.

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Karanvir,

        You can apply for a PF transfer online — from Company A to Company B. If the system doesn’t allow to an online transfer or returns an error, then you can submit the manual transfer form (Form 13) to transfer the PF dues from Company A to Company B.

    8. comment-author

      Ranjan Ji, After transferring from old PF to New PF account, How much amount I can withdraw? Is there any limitation for this?

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Gaurav,

        Withdrawal of PF funds is only possible after resignation. Upon resignation, the employee can withdraw the complete amount after a waiting period.

    9. comment-author
      Shibu K T

      I worked for Kingfisher Airlines from 2008 to 2012.I could not update my KYC details (Adhar and Bank Account number). Now I am asked to get my employer approval to update my KYC.Now how can I get my employer approval as Kingfisher Airlines has not been in operation since 2012?

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Shibu,

        In this case, you will not have been allotted a UAN. And without it you cannot perform KYC. If you want to opt for PF and Pension withdrawal, then you can apply by submitting the physical claim form along with a cover letter. Also enclose a copy of your Aadhaar card, PAN card or Form 15G and bank passbook. All the documents need to be attested by your bank’s manager.

    10. comment-author

      Hi Sir, I have worked for three companies. I have transferred the first pf to new employer. And when I have claimed for the second pf to transfer to new employer. It shows rejected and the reason was ” Submit online form 13 with previous pf account number instead of new one”. I can’t understand the reason. Please tell me what to do?

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Ajeet,

        While submitting a request for PF transfer online from Employer ‘C’, you need to mention Employer ‘B’s PF account details. Please note that an online transfer application has to be filed in order to transfer PF accumulations from Employer B to C.

    11. comment-author
      Vijay kumar

      Hello sir
      I have initiated the transfer of PF from my previous company A to current company B.However in the portal I clicked to initiate transfer from A.A being my previous company is unresponsive.I am trying to change the request to initiate transfer from B but the UAN portal doesn’t allow.It says transfer request in progress.How can I initiate transfer request from company B instead of Company A.

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Vijay,

        Since transfer is already submitted and unless it is rejected, you cannot resubmit the transfer form online.

        Once the online transfer approval is done by Company A through DSC, it will redirect to respective EPFO to complete the transfer process.

    12. comment-author
      Naval kishore singh

      Hi seek hello in below issue. My previous employer had PF under trust. And new organisation has PF count with RPFC. Now my old company has done neft in RPFC and have provided Annexure k to me to be given to my present organisation.
      My present organisation has not been able to get that money reconciled in last 2 years. Now they have done my lay-off. Can I go for stay if same till the time I get my money transferred in my epf account with new organisation which is with RPFC.

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Naval,

        Once you place a request for a transfer from your previous employer’s PF trust to the current employer’s PF office, it will be processed. You can view the details of the transfer from the old employer to the new in your e-passbook. If it’s not reflecting, you can approach your current employer’s PF office with the Annexure K issued by the PF trust.

    13. comment-author
      Logesh Kumar

      What happens if we submit a request online and didn’t send self attested copy to Previous employer (that I selected) within 10 days? Claim gets rejected or it will be in waiting state for ever.
      Note: I intended to select Current employer but forgot to change default option. Previous employer doesn’t have office now so not sure whether I’ll get approval.

    14. comment-author

      I worked with two companies before A and B. Now I am working with company C. When I joined company C I requested pf transfer from B to C. It got approved and my pf transferred successfully. Later I realised that company A pf wasn’t transferred. So I requested pf transfer from A to B instead of C. That request also approved and pf got transferred. Now my. PF amt is in B. Now it us not allowing me raise transfer request from B to C as this was already done.
      Could you please help me how can I get pf transfer from B to C?

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan


        You have to submit the manual transfer from in order to transfer Company A’s accumulations ( currently at Company B) to Company C. To do this, enclose a clarification letter along with manual transfer form (Form 13). This manual form needs to be submitted at Company B’s PF office.

    15. comment-author
      Sathish Kumar

      Hi Rishabh,
      I transferred my old company pf amount to new employer. The new employer has it’s own trust . After transfer request approval I’m unable to claim amount it’s telling that ” as your establishment is exempted in pf , please submit your withdrawal case to concerned trust”
      Please help on this how to claim amount on-line.

      Thanks in advance

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Satish,

        Since the current employer maintains PF with their trust, you need to connect with your HR Department to claim the PF amount.

    16. comment-author

      Hi Rishabh,
      Hope you are doing well. I have a query regarding my PF withdrawal case for which I need guidance from your side. I recently decided to get my pf amount from employer previous to current employer. I looked in EPFO portal & since there was no option available for withdrawal I initiated transfer request. Accordingly I got a message from EPFO for successful transfer to the current employer establishment code. But when approached current employer staff on this, they are not replying or assisting at all(As i have a legal dispute running with current company). I approached regional PF office for this – they said I need to ask for “Annex K” form from previous employer and raise a grievance with current establishment code firm. I am little confused to download it or request to release it from previous employer and what is the way to raise grievance (in return/online mode) ? Please suggest

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Saurabh,

        On the basis of the message from EPFO on successful transfer, you can check the details of the transfer that was received from the previous employer by downloading the current employer’s e-passbook. If the transfer and the amount reflect in the e-passbook, you can proceed by submitting an online claim form to withdraw your complete PF and Pension dues.

        If you want to raise any grievance, you can do so in the link given below:

    17. comment-author
      Ramakant Pujare

      Hi Sir,I have transferred my pf from previous company account to current company. Both companies have different uan and different pf accounts but same bank account. Now I want to withdraw some money from current account for covid emergency but it is showing that ur bank account is attached to another pf account. So how can I withdraw money, is my old account will close ,if yes then how many days require to close the same?

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Ramakant,

        Since you already transferred your PF from the previous employer’s PF account to the current employer’s PF account, you need to upload your latest bank account details for your current UAN as part of the KYC process. Post employer’s approval, you can apply for online withdrawal of the dues.

    18. comment-author
      Paresh Gupta

      I have submitted online transfer request via present employer from 1 UAn to 2ns UAN (the new employer alloted a new UAN to me). Will my current employment data will be shared by previous employer? I updated the DOE in old UAN (and verified via OTP). The previous employer had malafide intentions.

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Paresh,

        The details of both the current and previous employer will be visible to both the employers while approving the transfer form online using a Digital Signature Certificate (DSC).

    19. comment-author
      shiva kumar

      hi Rishabh,

      I worked for a company from 2010 to 2012. From 2012 to current i am working in current company. The previous company has initiated the PF transfer and i received in my Current PF account. The EPS, has not been transferred to my current account. When checked with Pf officer, they are telling provide annexure K and we will accordingly add to my current account. When i check with previous employer find below is the response.
      “EPS is dealt by EPFO so coordinate with EPFO for the annexure K of pension transfer.
      Kindly note, if you have not initiated Pension transfer then follow the below step.
      You need to fill form 13 and get the same attested by current organization and then submit it to the RPFC office who is your current dealing PF office of your Pension account. They will internally update the database when you submit the attested form 13 from your current employer.
      HCL has no role in this as Pension accumulation happens in the RPFC office for any organization in India.”

      Let me know what should i do now.

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Shiva,

        From what I understand by going through your comment, you were employed at an establishment where their PF is maintained with PF trust. And that is why only PF accumulations were transferred. In order to transfer the pension accumulations which were maintained with the PF office, you either need to submit the transfer form online on the EPFO portal by logging in with your UAN and password or submit the manual transfer application form — duly filled and signed — to his current employer for further processing.

    20. comment-author
      Vipin Kumar

      Dear sir – i have 2 account of a company my last account was only for three months and first for 1.5 years . I did a request for a account transfer and now my pension amount is not transferred . I did request for first account to transfer in last account. So what i can do tell me please.

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Vipin,

        In order to avail complete PF and pension dues, you need to transfer both your PF and Pension contributions from the 1st employer to the current employer’s PF account.

        Since you have already requested a transfer, you can withdraw PF and pension dues only after the transfer is completed.

    21. comment-author
      Barun Ghosh

      Hi Rishabh,
      I had worked with a company (my first job) from 10th March 1993 to 25th Aug 2001. While resigning, I had withdrawn my entire PF amount. Soon after I joined another company & since then I am associated with EPFO (almost 19 years now). I would like to know whether my first job’s service years (8 years 5months) will be considered for calculation of pension amount after my retirement, which is almost 8 years from now? If so, how can I include these years of service into my present EPS account?

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Barun,

        In order to avail the benefits of being in service for 8 years 5 months, you need to submit the transfer application (Form 13). This essentially transfers the pension contributions of the previous employer to the current employer’s PF account. Once the pension transfer is initiated you will be able to get pension benefits (after adding details of your past service).

    22. comment-author
      Mayur Kashid

      Hi Rishabh,
      I have not enrolled for aadhaar neither i wish to obtain aadhaar. As my aadhaar is not seeded in the KYC, my current employer is unable to create my new PF account. I think my current employer is being pressurized by EPFO for compliance reasons and in turn my employer is persistently asking for my aadhaar. Is there any alternate wherein my employer can create my new account.

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Mayur,

        Aadhaar is mandatory for UAN generation. If you are not interested in handing over your Aadhaar details, I suggest you opt out of PF membership. Having said that, you can only opt out if you meet certain conditions, such as:

        – Having PF wages above INR 15,000
        – No prior record of PF membership etc.

    23. comment-author
      Abdul Salam

      Hi myself Abdul Salam, i worked in Chennai on 2015 and i have a some money in my EPF account, after that i changed to Kerala and there i got another pf number with same UAN. and i exit from Kerala also on 2017
      And what my concern is now i want to claim my pf amount when i try to claim my pf amount in online its showing only my last worked employer that means only Kerala employer, i try for transfer request to one pf account from my previous to present. now my present employer can able to approve my request or not.
      Because different two different states i worked. Please advise if any one know about this…

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Abdul,
        PF is a Central Act. After submitting an online transfer request, your employer has to approve the transfer claim by using a Digital Signature Certificate (DSC). Once the transfer takes place, you can claim your PF and pension dues.

    24. comment-author

      Sir, My UAN has 2 PF ids i.e :- 1)previous PF id for my earlier company from 2014-2017 & 2)Current pf id of latest company for which i worked and i claimed for PF for my Current PF id account number without claimming for previous PF id of 2014-2017, so now i want to claim for previous PF id too so i requested to transfer and merge my previous PF account number with current pf number, So will previous PF id details for claim will automatically get attached as both ids will get merged or i have claimed again??? Pls answer

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Ketan,

        Since you have already claimed PF — under the present Member ID — I suggest you apply for the claim directly at the PF office (wrt previous PF ID).

    25. comment-author
      Ghanshyam Das Gupta

      Hello Sir,
      i worked for a company – Yodlee from 2010 to 2013 , and i only have a PF account for it as they have not generated UAN at that time or later after leaving the organization in 2013.

      my current organization where i am working since 2015 generated a UAN for me .

      now when i am linking the my old PF account ( Yodlee ) to my UAN i am getting below error
      “no data found against this member id when checking previous employment details”

      when i contacted yodlee organization they are saying transfer your fund manually using form-13 however when i submitted form-13 with other details to current organization they are saying PF department dont care for manual PF transfer form so you need to transfer your pf online by asking your old organization to generate a UAN(second) for old PF account.

      now i dont what do. could you please suggest it will be a great help.

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Ghanshyam,

        In this case, you need to submit the physical transfer form (Form 13) as the year of leaving service under the previous employer is 2013. While submitting the physical transfer form at the PF office you also need to enclose the screenshot of the “online error” along with a cover letter stating the details of previous employment where you were unable to apply for an online transfer.

    26. comment-author

      I have some changes in my name, the name in the previous company is different , how do claim for PF transfer from previous organization.

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Praneetha,

        You need to opt for a manual transfer by submitting Form 13, and along with also submit a letter clearly explaining the difference in the name that was recorded by the previous employer. Please attach all valid documents and proof to back up your claim.

    27. comment-author

      I have worked in 2 companies previously and the second company created 3 pf accounts due to their merging de-merging. I have successfully merged money from all 3 accord to current company’pf account. But not able to create same transfer request for my first company. When I click on get details, I do not get the first company in the drop-down. Please suggest.

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Snehal,

        You need to try online on the basis of the PF Number. If the details aren’t visible, I suggest you apply for the transfer manually with Form 13.

    28. comment-author
      Sam Kumar

      I am not working in India since mid of 2016. I have 2 EPF A/c’s under 1 UAN. Transfer from previous EPF A/c to the most recent EPF was not done.
      Currently, there’s an online option to initiate the transfer through Online Services -> ONE MEMBER – ONE EPF ACCOUNT (TRANSFER REQUEST) , however I am not able to initiate the request and get the below message. The most probable reason could be that there’s no contribution coming in the EPF as I am not employed in India.
      Error Message:
      Online claim request cannot be processed as :-
      Present employer has not made payment in your PF account

      I was able to withdraw money from the most recent EPF account, but not from the previous EPF account as the option for claim through online process defaults to the last EPF used. Can people here help me with either process of the steps by which i can withdraw money?

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Sam,

        Since the PF is withdrawn with respect to the latest PF Number, you cannot claim your PF dues for your previous employer online. You can apply for Aadhaar-based physical claim form(Form 19) and submit Form 10C at the PF office in order to claim your PF and Pension dues. Also be sure to attach a cover note while submitting the forms, clearly mentioning the error(s) that you are seeing online.

    29. comment-author
      Pratap Singh Solanki

      Presently I am working in C Company but My PF balance have in A & B Company and already submit the transfer request (one Member-One EPF Account ) from A Company to C Company and Amount is transferred & transaction is completed but Now I am applying for transfer the Balance of B company to C Company (one Member-One EPF Account ) then showing the message of already submit the transfer application.

      Please provide the solution.

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Pratap,

        While submitting the transfer form online you need to enter previous employer i.e. Employer B’s PF (code) number instead of mentioning the UAN.

    30. comment-author

      I have joined new company and company assigned me new pf number. but I left the job in 1 day. so no contribution from new company. couldn’t able to transfer previous pf account amount due to no contribution in my new pf account. is there any solution for this ?

    31. comment-author

      Thanks for the informative post. I have a query.
      I have a total of 6.5 years of work experience. 3 years from my first company and the rest 3.5 years from my second company. My first employer had his PF trust. Hence even after transferring my PF amount the service history is not updated in the UAN portal. Now that I am not working anymore and want to withdraw my PF amount, what can I do to avoid TDS as my employment history displays only that of my 2nd company? I tried contacting my first employer but in vain. Any suggestions?

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Shweta,

        Since Company A, PF accumulations have been transferred to Company B. And the overall PF accumulations lie in Company B’s account. Considering both the tenures(which is more than 5 years), while claiming PF, TDS will not get deducted.

    32. comment-author
      Govinda Ram

      प्रिय महोदय – मेरे पास एक कंपनी का 2 खाता है मेरा A खाता केवल 6 महीने और मैंने एक खाता हस्तांतरण के लिए अनुरोध किया था और अब मेरी पेंशन राशि हस्तांतरित नहीं की गई है। मैंने पहले खाते को अंतिम खाते में स्थानांतरित करने के लिए अनुरोध किया था। तो मैं क्या कर सकता हूँ कृपया मुझे बताओ।

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Govinda,

        In case of an unexempted establishment where PF is maintained with the PF office while transferring the PF dues, pension dues will also get transferred. You can check the service history where the pension service will be considered from your account Date of Joining(DOJ).

    33. comment-author


      I have 4 Member id in one uan ,i have transfered my pf amount from 1st ,2nd and 4th recent one to 3rd member id, now iam unable to claim it online because it only shows my recent account which is 4th one it has already transferred to 3rd member id , its rejected sayind pf already transferred to 3rd member id..Please help me out here

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Ayyappa,

        The transfer needs to be initiated in chronological order i.e. from A to B, B to C, C to D or A, B, C to D. Instead of transferring from C to D, since you applied for a transfer from D to C it is ideally rejected on the basis of the Date of Joining( DOJ) with the latest employer vs the Date of leaving(DOL) with the previous employer.

        In order to claim the PF dues, you need to submit the physical claim application by mentioning the 3rd member ID.

    34. comment-author
      Ravyanshu Jha

      Hi can anyone tell is it mandatory to send form 13 or EPFO field officer will automatically transfers. I have attested through previous employer but didn’t send form 13. In my passbook transfer amt is showing and also on status it is mentioned that accepted by field officer. Please confirm!! Also confirm why previous PF no. is not showing in current UAN. Can form 13 be submitted within 10 days only or it may be submitted after this time interval also.

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Ravyanshu,

        While filing a transfer application online, the intimation will be sent to the respective employer for online approval. Therefore, there’s no need to submit any physical forms after submitting the transfer application online.

    35. comment-author

      I WORKED IN 2 COMPANY IN SAME UAN NUMBER. I WITHDRAW 2 COMPANY PF AMOUNT BUT NOT TRANSFER 1ST COMPANY. AFTER SOME MONTHS TRANSFERES 1ST COMPANY TO 2 COMPANY, 1ST COMPANY TO 2ND company transferred PF amount but I left job 2 company I already withdrawal 2 company PF amount before transfer what I do

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Ramnaval,

        You should ideally be able to withdraw the PF amount that has been transferred from the first company to the first after your exit. Please log into the PF portal and check if the amount has been transferred. If not, then please reach out to your employers.

    36. comment-author
      Inder Bansal

      Hi, I recently joined a new company B this month and resigned from company A. A’s PF is managed by trust. I want to make a transfer of my PF funds from A to B. In both companies my UAN and other details are same. When I click on Online transfer request, I get the following error
      :Present employer has not made payment in your PF account.

      When can I raise a request to transfer PF .

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Inder,

        To transfer PF accumulations from Company A’s PF trust to Company B, you need to submit the physical transfer form (Form 13) to Company A. As for the error shown, you need to contact your present employer to get it resolved.

    37. comment-author

      I worked in A, B & C companies all marked Exit Dates currently not working anywhere applied for Pf amount credited of only C company how can I get the other A & B companies pf. while transferring there is a (Note : Member has the option to choose claim form attestation by present or previous employer, based on availability of DSC authorized signatory). which one should I select present or previous employer.

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Bhanu,

        You need to submit an online transfer application to get the PF amount transferred from Company A to Company B. Also, choose your present employer for attestation while submitting a transfer request.

    38. comment-author

      Hi, My name is Amit Mishra. I have worked in company A for 3 years and later switched to my employer B where it was for 2 months only. Now, I am working with Employer C. My UAN shows first 2 offices and have extracted majority of advance pf from both previous offices, but when I try to extract the pension amount, it shows my employer B details where it further gets rejected due to less than 6 month work theory. Please help as I have transferred the old pf of employer A to Employer B already and it is pending from field office. Will the accumulated fund along with 3 years of tenure be transferred to my employer B’s PF account?

      please advice!

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Amit,

        Since the transfer form is under process, post-completion, both PF and pension dues will be transferred to the current employer PF (Employer B).

    39. comment-author

      My pervious employer is not accepting the request for transferring Pension PF amount into current employer what I should I do in this case?

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Shrishthi,

        You can get your transfer form (Form 13) duly attested by the present employer and submit the form at their respective PF office to transfer the pension amount.

    40. comment-author

      Hi Sir

      In my previous company I have PF and Pension Contribution but Now in my current organization i have only Pf contribution So Recently I have made a request to transfer the PF contribution to new employer.My doubt is Current employer doesnt have pension contribution so upon transfer Will My PF and Pension Contribution will be transferred to New employer or only the PF contribution

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Manimala,

        Since you’re already a member of EPS (Pension) contribution, you need to continue with the contributions towards EPS with the present employer as well.

        But since you don’t have EPS contributions with the present employer there is a chance of the transfer form being rejected, or only PF dues may get transferred to the present employer’s PF code/UAN.

    41. comment-author

      Hi Rishabh,
      I have a query.
      I have a total of 6 years of experience. In my first company, I was there for 1 year, from 5/8/2015 to 19/8/2016. Then I joined the second company and a new PF account had been created but used the same
      UAN which I used for my second company. Then I left my second on 14th March 2019. After joining my current company a new PF account had been created under the same UAN.
      Here is my case UAN is already Aadhaar linked. Do I need to raise a request to transfer the PF amount from the First company PF account to the PF account of the current company? also, Do I need to transfer raise a request to transfer the PF amount from the Second company PF account to the PF account of the current company?
      Please help suggest.

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Ayush,

        Since you didn’t opt when in service with the first employer, you need to submit an online PF transfer application. The transfer will happen as follows: Company ‘A’ to the latest employer. Company ‘B’ to the latest employer.

    42. comment-author
      Amit Mukherjee

      I worked for 2 companies and pf accumulation are transferred from 1st to 2nd company and recently I joined a 3rd company for short term of 6 months and I dont want to transfer my pf accumulation to the 3rd company as it is for a contractual job for 6 months. So is it possible?
      Also my 3rd company initiated a request for transfer of pf accumulation to new pf account without my intimating me.Can I stop them from doing that?
      What is the procedure.

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Amit,

        You need to approach the employer who initiated the transfer for cancellation of transfer. Alternatively, you can approach the PF office in order to reject the transfer application.

    43. comment-author

      I have worked with many companies in 25 years , and i have not transferred nor withdrawn the PF, now if i try to do that in EPFO portal online using your UAN and password, i am getting this message for almost all the companies “NO DATA FOUND AGAINST THIS MEMBER ID : WHEN CHECKING PREVIOUS EMPLOYMENT DETAILS”, is there any method to resolve this?

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Rajnish,

        The online details are enabled for the period Dec 2013 to June 2014. Contributory members data, prior to Dec 2013 will not be available on the PF portal. Employees need to submit a manual transfer from (Form 13) through the present employer’s PF office to initiate the transfer.

    44. comment-author

      Hi, Currenlty i am working in Company C,

      1) I have worked in company A for 3 years and exited from the company before 2013 for this i dont have
      UAN number for transfering the PF amount to C account please suggest.
      2) For company B i have 2 PF accounts in UAN number while linking B UAN account to compnay C only one PF got linked to current UAN number.
      Please provied solution for the above .

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Sandeep,

        You need to submit a manual transfer application form (Form 13) through the present employer to transfer the PF and Pension accumulations from Company A to Company C. Also, you need to use the member ID of Company B under which PF and pension contributions have been made.

    45. comment-author
      Anish G

      Team , was working with X company with pf deductions , joined y company have them my UAN number to transfer the pf .
      Unfortunately the y company has not transfered any PF , Y company has not approved my Bank kyc because of which cannot withdraw my pf .Now if I join a new company will my earlier PF amount be credited to the new company ?

      Kindly explain the process

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Anish,

        If PF is not transferred from Company X to Company Y, you can submit 2 online transfer requests — from Company X to Company Z and from Company Y to Company Z — on the EPFO portal after logging in with your UAN and password.

    46. comment-author
      Gaurav sharma

      Hii sir
      My one member epf transfer old to new account cliam is seteld but still my money is not transferred , it’s only showing accept by field office, it’s already take a 3 month

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Gaurav,

        You can check the details of the amount transferred to new account/UAN by downloading the e-passbook.

    47. comment-author

      Hi Rishabh Sir,

      Now am working in 3 rd company. I already withdrawn my 1st and 2nd companies PF amount (Excluding Pension Contribution). Now am requested one claim transfer request through PF portal to transfer my 1st and 2nd companies pension contribution to my current company. But my request was rejected stating claim already settled. Now I don’t know how to transfer my previous pension contribution to current company. Please guide me to get my pension contribution.

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Arunpandiyan,

        To transfer pension contributions to the current company’s PF account/UAN, you need to submit a manual transfer form (Form 13) for both the companies i.e. from A to C and B to C. While submitting the form, you need to send in a letter stating the withdrawal of PF for the transfer of pension contributions.

    48. comment-author

      Hi Sir,

      I have not joined a company(Let me name it as Y) due to personal reasons, but I have signed and provided form 11 to transfer my PF account from previous employer X (Let me name it as X). Even though I didn’t join Y company still they raised a transfer claim request from Company X to Y. I have an option to stop that request, but couldn’t do that because I am getting some error, I raised grievance but still no luck. Also I am seeing below error in my transfer claim request.
      “Online claim request cannot be processed as :-

      Present employer has not made payment in your PF account.”.

      As there won’t be any contribution from Y company even in future (because I didn’t join), when will this transfer request gets closed. In future suppose if I join new company Z, can I transfer PF amount from X to Z in future?

      Also this Y company record in my UAN can create any issue in future?

      Appreciate your help in advance

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Sanju,

        You can transfer the contributions from Company X to Company Z by submitting an online transfer application after you’ve joined Company Z.

    49. comment-author


      My name is Uma!

      I have requested the pf transfer through online.
      But later I found that in my bank account one digit is missing.
      So I would like to cancel my online request for claim transfer from one employer to another.

      Once I update my bank details correctly then I will raise a request for transfer.



      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Uma,

        You do not have the option to cancel the transfer request submitted online. You need to contact the employer whom you selected for attestation for rejecting the form.

        Since the transfer of accumulations will be for your UAN/member ID tagged to your current employer’s PF account, the bank account will not be an issue for transfer of PF claim. You can upload your bank account details with IFSC code through your UAN on the PF portal and get it approved by your employer.

    50. comment-author

      Hi Rishabh,

      I request to transfer all pf fund (Pension, Employee and employer amount) to my current employer but the only Employee and employer amount are transferred but the pension amount is not transferred so what I need to do?

      Please advice

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Ekta,

        The pension service will get added to your current employer’s PF code. You can check the same through your UAN login under Service History.

        E-passbook will not reflect the pension amount transferred similar to PF amount as Pension is a defined benefit.

    51. comment-author

      I have submitted the PF transfer request online. As per the next step mentioned “Now a self-attested copy of your online PF transfer request can be submitted to the employer you have selected within 10 days of submitting the request in the portal”, I have downloaded the PF form in pdf format, however I do not know whom do I have to send it to. How do I get details of the body to whom I have to send the form?

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Asad,

        You can send a signed copy of the form to the (previous or present) employer whom you selected for attestation.

    52. comment-author

      Hi, I have worked in 4 different companies , I have withdrawn PF from 1st company and not withdrawn PF from 2nd and 3rd Company and balance showing in my Passbook. My 4th company is a trust and i have resigned and claimed the PF online as instructed by HR(trust).

      Now , i want to withdraw the 2nd and 3rd company PF online and trying to submit claim online i am getting error that ” AS YOUR ESTABLISHMENT IS EXEMPTED IN PF, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR WITHDRAWAL CASE TO CONCERNED TRUST.” ( But i already withdrawn the PF from trust)

      Request you to help me how to withdraw the 2nd and 3rd company PF.

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Sravan,

        You didn’t mention the period of employment.

        In order to claim the PF dues from 2nd and 3rd company, you need to submit a manual claim form for each company at respective PF offices.

    53. comment-author
      Rajendra choudhary

      Sir mene 1 years job kiya swadhaar information company me vo company band ho gai muje PF nikalna h
      So help me

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Rajendra,

        You can submit either the online claim form or the manual claim form (Form 19 and 10C) at the concerned PF office to withdraw the PF and Pension dues.

    54. comment-author
      Sourbh asija

      I worked for 7.5 years in A organization and B organization for 6 years but in Umag app I can see only my contribution and employer, but no where I can see pension fund total accumulated.

      Please let me know how to see pension fund and if to transfer this there is different from or scheme certificate process please explain

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Sourbh,

        On the Umang App, PF e-passbook will show the latest employer PF contributions along with pension contribution details. With respect to organization ‘A’, unless you apply for a transfer, the details of PF will not reflect in the latest employer e-passbook. As for the pension, the previous employer details in the form of an amount will not reflect; in other words, it will be added as a service. You can see the details through your UAN login under Service History.

    55. comment-author

      Hi Rishabh,
      Request your help in the following matter. I worked for company X, for three years. Then joined company Y. I left within 3 days owing to misrepresentation made by the company regarding the job. Company Y initiated a transfer request without asking me and I stopped the auto transfer when I received the message. However The PF account still appears under my UAN. Company Y has not put DOE and are not cooperating. There is no PF contribution from them and there won’t be in future also. I have now joined company Z. Once they make contribution to my PF account, I will apply for online transfer of PF amount from X to Z. Can I ignore company Y? When I leave Z and want to make claim for accumulated amount of X and Z, will company Y presence under my Uan (with no DOE for Y) create any problem in my claim for withdrawal? Thanks in advance for your help.

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Siddharth,

        You can apply for a PF transfer claim online from Company X to Company Z.

        Once the PF accumulations are transferred from Company X to Company Z, you can withdraw company Z’s contribution along with the transferred amount post resignation.

    56. comment-author

      I request to online transfer my pf amount from my previous company to New company I don’t have any need to submit hard copy or to be submitted

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Sachin,

        Once an online transfer request is submitted, I suggest you inform the concerned employer who has called for attestation. On the basis of the request sent, the approval will be faster.

    57. comment-author

      Hi Rishabh,

      I was working in a company A , I left the company A and joined company B. But from company A I didn’t get my relieving letter. Now I got salary from my both previous company A and new company B for one month.
      Will there be any issue if apply for online pf transfer.

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Virat,

        Online transfer applications will be accepted only if the Date of Leaving (DOL) the previous employer is synchronised with the Date of Joining (DOJ) the current employer.

        If the previous employer DOL is at a later date than the present employer DOJ, the form will not be accepted and will show an error.

    58. comment-author

      Hi Sir,

      Is this possible to work two companies same time and PF got deducted from both the companies….

      Also if I want to transfer my PF from A company which still I’m working ( On notice period )
      To B company on which I’m going to work so is this possible can A company allow it to transfer PF…

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Sumit,

        Dual employment is not allowed. Since the Dates (of joining and leaving) will not sync, online submission may show errors. You can try submitting the manual transfer from with a cover letter stating your employment status.

    59. comment-author
      Aman Pratap Singh

      Dear Sir,
      I have worked in 3 companies, and all the companies have different pf account number under one uan,i transferred my accumulated amount from first pf account to second but when I switched to the third company accidentally auto transfer got cancelled, and when I left the third company, I requested for online withdrawal in which the epfo office only settled my contribution from the last organization, now when I am trying to claim my contribution from previous pf account it displays “claim already settled” but still I have 80k + to be withdrawn, please help me

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Aman,

        You need to submit the manual claim form at the PF office with a cover letter stating the details of employment and error shown while applying for online claim.

    60. comment-author
      Raj Singh

      Hope you are happy and safe.
      I have submitted a request for transfer old company PF to new company PF account.
      My UAN number is same.
      After some time Got a message
      Claim id xxx is rejected due to. 1) form 5 do not uploaded 2) settlement already
      Please suggest
      1) how to resubmit and process 2) who submitted the Form 5 old or new company
      Thanks a lot

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Raj,

        Suggest you contact your employer as some of your details might not be updated by the employer. Either that, or you can try re-submitting the online transfer form as the EPFO rejects by mistake on some occasions.

    61. comment-author
      Pooja shetty

      Hi Rishabh,

      I did the pf accounts transfer procedure. I had two separate pf accounts. Previous and current. So I submitted the online form for ‘one employee one pf account’. Now the admin person from previous office is saying that she will approve it when office resumes. She doesn’t know when it will resume(is what she’s saying). Is there any time limit to the form that I submitted? Will have to fill that form again if it isn’t approved? Will the request be approved without previous employer intervention? Is there any other way? As the previous employment people aren’t really helpful and would do anything to avoid work on their part. It would be really helpful if you adviced something

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Pooja,

        Since you submitted the transfer form online, the same needs to be approved by the employer using a Digital Signature Certificate (DSC).

        Typically, an employer needs to approve within 30 days from the submission of the form. Due to the lockdown, the process might be delayed. Also, it will depend on the situation in your location.

        As an alternative, you can submit a manual transfer form at the current employer’s PF office by getting attestation from them.

    62. comment-author
      Shailender Singh Negi

      Hi Rishabh,

      My 3 old companies have closed long back (in 2006) & I don’t have any details regarding my PF (not even salary slips)

      How to get the details & how can I transfer all those accounts in my new UAN.

      Please help, thanks,

      Shailender Singh Negi

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Shailender,

        You might have received PF slips from your respective employers which will contain employee name and PF Number.

        Or the only other way to retrieve PF Number is to approach the employer with Employee Code.

    63. comment-author
      manjeet singh

      I have two companies mapped in my UAN, company A and company B, and the problem is that i have completed full withdrawn from company B without transferring pf from company A to company B, now how can i withdraw PF amount from company A.?

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Manjeet,

        Since Company B’s PF amount is withdrawn before the transfer, you need to submit a manual PF claim form to Company A (to withdraw the PF dues), along with a cover letter addressed to the PF commissioner about the tenure of employment and the reason for submitting a manual claim form.

    64. comment-author
      Eapen John

      Hi Sir
      I have worked in three organization (A,B & C).
      All of them have been linked to same UAN with different Member IDs. I exited from C Company couple of months before and they had marked exit on their records as well, which helped me to release my pf online which was accumulated only in the C company. Now I am wondering how to release my pf amount from A & B Company??
      Even if I have transferred amount from C and has been exited in C? Still Can I transfer A & B to C and make the release of PF Fund Amount??

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Eapen,

        I suggest you apply for a separate manual claim form with Company A and Company B for withdrawing the PF and Pension dues.

        Since Company C’s PF is settled, there is a chance of rejection of the transfer form or the online portal may not accept the transfer application.

    65. comment-author

      Hi in previous company I worked for 3.5 years …and also transferred pf to new account…but in new company I left job for 1 month …now i applied for for 19 and 10c…form 10c showing not eligible apply through old pf account…how to withdraw my pension scheme now please guide me

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Ranjith,

        You need to check whether you contributed towards EPS in his previous company and transferred both PF and Pension to your current company.

    66. comment-author

      I transferred my pf from the previous employer to the current employer using the uan member portal service, but my pension contribution has not been transferred from my pervious employer, can you guide me in claiming that money

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Mahesh,

        In case your previous employer has a PF trust, you need to initiate EPS (pension) transfer online through your UAN login.

    67. comment-author
      Naveen Singh

      Hi Mr. Ranjan

      I did PF transfer procedure online. After approving the request by current employer only PF account is transferred to my current account but not the pension? Why, please let me know

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Naveen,

        Pension is the defined benefit hence it’s similar to PF. You will not see the amount transferred in your e-passbook, however, the service will get added under your current employer and you can view the same under the service history. When you quit the current employer and opt for a PF claim, both the amounts (previous and current employers’ PF/EPS contributions) will be settled.

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Sonia,

        Yes, what you said is correct— you can transfer the PF pension amount from one Member ID to another.

    68. comment-author
      Prem Kumar

      Hello Sir,
      I’ve worked in A Company for three years. Now recently joined Company B. In my PF portal it shows only my previous company PF Account. I want to know that can i withdraw total amount from my PF Account. Also can i withdraw Pension amount as well??

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Prem,

        Once Company B tags employee’s UAN, it will show both the employer details,

        If you want to claim the contributions of Company A, you can do so before UAN mapping by Company B.

    69. comment-author
      Butt showkat

      Hi sir
      As I had worked with 2 companies in both I have pf contribution as both are showing in uan But during claim as only last employment Mid is showing please help out how to claim old Mid of my first employment as I have already left both of them. Last Mid is showing in claim form but the first employment Mid is not showing when I claim

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Butt showkat,

        You need to transfer your PF dues from the previous employer to the present employer in order to claim the complete PF and pension dues.

    70. comment-author

      EMPLOYED IN A COMPANY Date of joining— 26 AUG 2005 TO Date of leaving– 11 JANUARY 2008
      BUT COMPANY was merged in march 2007
      previous pf Date of joining— 26 AUG 2005
      now the problem is that date of joining should be march 2007 for one pf account as it is date of coverage of this establishment
      which date should be updated as in normal Date of joining is after or on date of coverage i want to create uan

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Sandeep,

        Actual date of joining, which is 26th Aug 2005, needs to be considered for all employment/retiral benefits such as Gratuity, Leave encashment if any, etc.

        For the PF Date of Joining to be considered, it is considered as the month from when the employee started contributing towards PF.

    71. comment-author
      Kuldeep Singh

      1. I raise a request for transfer pf to current employer but my previous company is closed so there is nobody at pervious company to approve my claim is that any other way ???

      2. And pervious employer is not paying/submitted pf of last 2 years is there any way to get my pf

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Kuldeep,

        You need to submit an online transfer application form by selecting the current employer for attestation.

        As for the non-remittance of contribution by the previous employer, you can file a complaint at the respective PF office where the PF account was maintained.

    72. comment-author
      Lhosheto achumi

      Hi Sir, I have worked with 2 different companies, I have applied online to merge my two old pf account to my present pf account (Present job). However, now I am in State B, the two old pf account are from State A, it’s not possible for me to submit the hard copy to my previous company in state A, so my question is if I don’t submit the hard copy to my old company can my old pf account merge to my new pf account?

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Lhosheto,

        Since you submitted the online application form, it would be approved by the employer.

        On submitting the form to the employer for approval, you can send the scanned signed copy of the form to the employer through email.

    73. comment-author
      Lhosheto achumi

      Sir, can I withdraw my pf amount from my two old pf Account without merging to my current pf account since I am not able to submit the hard copy to my old office because I have shifted to another state. Is it possible? Please help…

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Lhosheto,

        If the account is not merged/mapped with the current employer and the said old PF account has two different UANs, then you can apply for an online claim. Otherwise, you need to submit a hard copy of the form to the PF office either in person or through post.

    74. comment-author
      Tausif Syed

      Does the PF account is linked with salary acount automatically? in my last job i was getting PF but in my current job i am not opting for PF as i have option to do so, so if i give my salary account to my new employer will the PF automatically deducted as if it is linked with my salary ?

    75. comment-author
      Debanjan bhattacharya

      Hi Risabh,
      My first company has PF last contribution date of feb 2018 but I left the company on 6th jan 2018 and joined anew company on 10th jan 2018. Date of exit mentioned is 28th feb 2018. Now if I change the date of exit to 6th january 2018 via joint declaration form can I withdraw PF or it will show rejection due to employee contribution post date of exit what is the solution to it. Please advise. Even if I keep 28th february it will be rejected due to service overlap. Please suggest i am at wits end.

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Debanjan,

        Once the Date of Leaving(service) is updated correctly, you will be able to withdraw the PF dues. In case your UAN is mapped to the new employer, employees can only apply for an online transfer.

    76. comment-author
      Mahendra Meher

      I was working in Kailashpat Sighania Higher Secondary School, Gopalnagar, Arasmeta, Bilaspur from 14.8.2002 to 14.08.2004 as PGT Commerce.I joined Delhi Public School, NTPC,Korba, CG on 17.08.2004 as TGT Commerce.
      My pf balance has not been transferred to my present account. Can you plese help me to transfer my pf of previous employer to present account
      With regards.

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Mahendra,

        Since the employment period is prior to 2014, you need to submit a manual transfer form (Form 13) in order to transfer all accumulations from Employer A to Employer B.

    77. comment-author
      Pradeep Poojary

      Hi Sir,

      I raised a transfer request from unexempted company to exempted company. But it is getting rejected with reason ‘Submit physical copy duly attested with form 5/10’.

      But this forms are supposed to be submitted by employer, right?

      Please advice how to proceed for this reason.

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Pradeep,

        You need to manually submit the transfer form (Form 13) to your employer. While processing the application your employer will enclose Form 5 and Form 10 while submitting the form to the PF office.

    78. comment-author

      Hello Mr.Ranjan,
      I have a query I worked for 30 years in 3 different organizations. I worked 14 years(1989-2003)
      In organization A and a member of EPFO. I I withdrawn my EPF components after resignation and obtained a EPS scheme certificate. I joined organization B and worked for 9 years (2003-2013) and next joined organization C and worked another
      7 years (2013-2020) .The EPF and EPS amount of organization B and C already merged under same UAN. I was able to withdraw my EPF components of organization B & C, however unable submit
      My pention claim as it showing the joining as the joining date of organization C (of 2013) and rejecting my claim saying you are not eligible. Needless to mention I already submitted my scheme certificate out of my employment A to EPFO and now they are saying we are updating your service record. It’s pending since Dec’20.
      Considering above will you kindly confirm
      How they will calculate total year of services? Will it be services of A+B+C I.e. 30 years? and how to expedite this matter?
      I will reach 60 years soon so will they consider my pension as deferred pension as ideally they are supposed release it at the age of 58.
      Thanks in advance.


      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Sarkar,

        In this case you obtained scheme certificate from Company A but you didn’t mention to which employer’s EPFO you submitted the scheme certificate. Once the scheme certificate is taken into consideration the pensionable service will be calculated from the month you started contributing towards the EPS Scheme.

        You can contact the PF office in person to know the status on pensionable service in the PF records and submit the pension claim form with necessary enclosures upon attaining 58 years of age.

    79. comment-author

      I have applied for transfer of my PF from my past employer to new employer. My own contribution and my previous employer’s contribution has been transferred in my current account but the pension fund is not transferred. Why is it so??

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Jyoti,

        EPF and EPS funds would have both transferred. If you checked the status of the transfer in the e-passbook then you would only see the status for EPF funds not EPS funds. Log into the EPFO portal with your UAN and password, and under “”View”” > “”Service History”” you will be able to check all details of the transfer for PF adn pension.

        If at all you cannot see teh status then reach out to your employer or the PF office.

    80. comment-author

      I have been working with a company for more than 10 years but now I am switching to other company. I realized that I cannot withdraw my PF amount. Please share what points I need to take care for transferring my PF. Please share in detail as I have very less knowledge in this domain.


      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Yatindra,

        Once UAN is mapped with the new employer after 60 days from thee date of joining, you need to submit an online transfer request through your UAN on the EPFO portal. Once submitted online, the request will be forwarded to the employer for online approval. Post employer approval, EPFO will finally approve post which the details of transfer will reflect in your e-passbook. The entire process will take 45 to 60 working days from the date of submission of online transfer form.

    81. comment-author

      Hi Rishabh,
      I have worked for company A for 4.7 years, and then joined company B for less than 1 month, and joined company C and working in the same presently. But I haven’t mentioned anything about Company B in Company C. And now I want to withdraw PF amount of company A. I have tried in EPFO portal to claim the money for withdrawal. But while choosing the PF account number, the drop down is listing only with PF account number of Company B, but not showing the Company A to choose. So, how can I withdraw amount of Company A. Please help me out in this.

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Harini,

        If Company A allotted UAN is linked with Company B, you cannot apply for PF withdrawal. You can apply for online transfer from Company A to Company C and apply for PF advance.

    82. comment-author

      Hi sir,
      I worked in one company and switched job to another company with same UAN but not transferred to previous to 2nd company. But iam not working in second company now. It is about more than 2 months when I resigned to second company. So should I enter date of exit of second company and withdraw the full amount Or else should I first transfer from 1st to 2nd company then I need to claim. Please suggest me.

      1. comment-author
        Rishabh Ranjan

        Hi Chandrashekar,

        You need to apply for a transfer first in order to withdraw the complete amount. Without applying for a transfer, you will get contributions pertaining to the second company.

    Post a Comment

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    Subscribe For Newsletter

    Subscribe to get the latest news and happenings around recruitment space

    Please hold while we process the request.