ECA (Early Childhood Association of India) partnered with BetterPlace to host the 6th Annual Conference of Early Childhood Schools on 10-11th February, 2018 in Hotel Lalit, Mumbai.
It was one-of-the-kind opportunity to network, discuss challenges, and share and learn best-practices from some of the pioneers and leaders in the Early Education space in the country. ~500 Owners, Principals & Educationists from across India had participated.
Launch of Digital Learning Platform for School Staff – Safety & Security Handbook
The app was launched by The Chief Guest, Honourable Shri. Anantkumar Hegde, Union Minister of State for Skill Development & Entrepreneurship, along with Dr.Swati Popat Vats, President of ECA, and Pravin Agarwala, CEO of BetterPlace
It is a Digital Learning Platform for Teaching & Non-Teaching Staff of ECA Member Schools. Some highlights below:
- Training & RPL of 10,00,000 Teaching & Non-Teaching Staff via Digital Platform
- Digitised ECA Safety & Security Manual for training the staff about safety & security in schools. Other content for job skills and soft skills training of teachers and non-teaching staff like security guards, aaya, attenders, house keeping, drivers, attenders, etc.
- Storyboarding in a WhatsApp like interface with short modules so that it is interesting to learn.
- Images, Video, Audio, Voice-over making it very Interactive via a chat bot interface.
- English, Hindi, 8 Vernacular Languages – Kannada, Marathi, Bengali, Assamese, Odiya, Tamil, Telugu, etc
- In-built Assessment & Analytics to help assess staff’s learning.
- NSDC NOS (National Occupation Standards) aligned for the respective job skills, where appropriate.
- Technology usage in a Digital platform helps continuous engagement, ability to train distributed teams, self paced, quick scaling, and at an affordable cost. Things that can never be achieved in the traditional form.